St Mary’s Church
Now known as The Church this was originally built in 1627 and is notable for being the first Dublin church to be built with galleries. These played an essential part in the transformation into a bar and restaurant venue with 5 distinct settings on 4 levels including an imposing central bar, lounge, bistro and disco with a bar. Due to the space constraints the draught beer is pumped under the road from another building.
There has been a Castle on the site of Skibo since the 12th century and between 1898 and 1902 it was remodelled as a private house by the steel magnate and philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie who was then the richest man in the world. In the early 1980s the family sold the Grade A Listed building to a businessman and it eventually became the Carnegie Club, for private members only. The 21 bedroom Castle sits in 8,500 acres of country estate with 12 lodges, Spa, golf course and a clubhouse where lunches and barbeques are served.
Modernising and rationalising the kitchen facilities, which dated from the 1900s, meant adhering to the strict Historic Scotland regulations and involved retaining and encasing the tiled walls and floor and other features and finishes. To obtain the correct work flow a light well was filled-in to provide a new floor for the central kitchen and existing areas were integrated and enhanced.
A visitor attraction since the 18th century, Stowe House is the principal temple of the picturesque and famous Landscape Gardens, which were endowed to the National Trust in 1989. The Grade 1 Listed house, built in 1676, was saved from certain destruction by the foundation of Stowe School in 1923 and after two successful phases of an ambitious six phase restoration programme the house is gradually returning to its former magnificence.
The dining facilities on the ground floor are found in the Temple Room and State Dining Room with the new serveries housed in the Garter Room. The public have access to these rooms for functions or viewing.